Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sulfate free!!

I have been on a rampage lately with finding everything I use on my body to be sulfate free. I noticed its in everything from toothpaste to body wash to shampoo and I think its one of the reasons I have such beyond dry skin.... that and I happen to live in a desert hello!?

I will be trying new and different shampoos as each one runs out and then decide which one I like best for myself as well as AJ. So far, I've tried something I found at Sally's Beauty Supply. Its called Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner. Its available in 4 formulas, Cucumber Aloe (Normal hair), Jojoba (Color treated hair), Olive Oil (Dry, Damaged hair), and Tea Tree Oil (Dry Scalp). I got the one for dry hair even though my hair is colored because you can never get enough moisture, even in the winter time. It promises to cleanse, condition, detangle, anti-frizz, and add shine. I must say, I normally lose A LOT of hair in the shower using other shampoos, as does AJ but this one I noticed a dramatic difference, AJ didn't lose any hair strands and I a couple. As for the detangling, which is needed with AJ's hair, it was amazing how quickly I was able to get through it verse with other shampoos. The norm after washing her hair then conditioning and THEN combing is me getting up with a sore lower back because it took so long. Not tonight!!

After just 1 time of use my hair feels amazing. I let it air dry today and I will be styling it tomorrow and will take a picture. As for AJ's I noticed her curls were tighter and her hair softer. I will let you know tomorrow after she's slept on it, as she was extremely tired from a day of no nap and swimming, so I wasn't able to see how it would dry completely.

As for body washes I use a Mary Kay product which is called "2-in-1 wash and shave gel" which happens to hydrate my skin even with out using the hydrating lotion (its a set) after using the set E can not keep his grubby hands off of me lol. I've noticed the hair on my legs seems to be softer when it grows in as well. By the way, since I sell Mary Kay, please do not think I am being bias here. I give this information from a consumer stand point and even encourage those of you who are interested in trying it to find a Mary Kay consultant in your area. Unless you are loyal to me haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment