Tuesday, July 27, 2010

As Beyonce would say....."Work It Out"

Ladies ladies ladies!

Its been awhile since a post was about working out. But thats because I've been trying to get a work out routine for people in the house. I've come up with a few things and you can even do them with your little ones, if you have some. I hope these help!


SWIMMING POOL:

LEGS: I was recently swimming with AJ and she has this ugly donkey flotation device but it serves its purpose well! I would push her from one end of the pool to the other (shallow-deep) while pushing I'm kicking my legs, I did just 2 laps each way and my legs were BURNING!! Even if you don't have a kid you can always swim laps which would then work your whole body.

ARMS: AJ loves to jump into the pool from the side. In order for her not to drown, I have to catch her. This is such an amazing work out since she is 26lbs. You can also bounce them in the water if they aren't old enough to jump to you. AJ loves going under so I count to 3 while bouncing her which works the back and arms depending on how you do it.

IN THE HOUSE:

I will post a youtube video of me doing these... I don't exactly know how to use youtube yet so please bare with me. lol These can also be done in the gym too.

Arms: Triceps push ups using a chair. 1 liter water bottles are GREAT weights. I started out using 5lb weights for all my warm ups it builds up your body and helps you to do exercises correctly. I laughed when I first started using the 5lbs because lord are they heavy!

Front raises with dumbells or water bottles: Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Bend both your arms and knees slightly and hold the dumbbells so that your palms are facing your body. One arm at a time, raise the weight up straight out in front of you until it is slightly higher than shoulder height. Lower the weight back down over the same path and perform the same movement with the other arm. Alternate back and forth between arms until you reach muscular failure.

Side raises with dumbells or water bottles: Starting by standing and holding a dumbbell in each hand. Slightly bend at the elbows and turn the dumbbells so that the palms are facing the sides of your body. Raise the dumbbells out to the sides until they are at shoulder height. At the top of the movement, the dumbbells should be facing downward. After a pause at the top, slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.

Squats: When doing these act as if you are about to sit on a public toilet... you don't actually sit on one right? You squat over one. Its a butt exercise so there for your ass should be as far out as possible while your back is straight.

Lunges: Beginning with one foot, simply walk forward as far as you comfortably can. It is very important that when you plant your walking foot that your knee stays perpendicular to the floor and does not extend past your toes.

Crunches: Bicycle crunches are amazing if you're doing them correctly. Left arm to right knee, Right arm to Left knee. Regular crunches, and there is even something called a bosu ball (which I use for almost all of my floor exercises) which will give you flexion so you can reach all of your upper abs while doing a crunch. Leg lifts get your lower abs and if someone stands above your head they can give you resistance... but that's for later.. I haven't worked back up to this myself yet.

Butt Kick Backs: Get on your hands and knees on a mat on the floor with your back parallel to the ground. In a controlled motion, thrust one of your feet backwards as though you are kicking like a horse. Be sure to really flex your butt for a one-count when your leg is fully extended back behind you. Return to the start position and repeat with the opposite leg.

Ballet Squats: These are amazing because they work the inner thighs which is a really hard area to work. Stand with your feet more than shoulder-width apart, toes pointing out

Dead lifts: Again use the liter of water holding it parallel to the floor starting with it on the floor position your feet shoulder width apart and hold your arms naturally down to your sides. Securely hold the water bottle and slowly bend down while keeping a little bend in your knees and tension on your hamstring (back of leg). From the bottom position, slowly extend back up using your hamstring muscles until your at the starting position. Clinch your butt muscles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment