Friday, July 30, 2010

Seven Pounds

I have been intrigued by this movie since the first day I heard/seen the preview. I never seen it up until tonight...... E and I missed the first 25minutes but because we, mostly I, have been wanting to see this movie, we deiced to watch it anyway. I'm so glad that we did. I have to say, this was the best worse movie I've ever watched. It was so good, I ended up crying for the last 30minutes..... No joke!!

I am a very deep person, I keep my feelings and emotions tucked deep inside and rarely revile them. Even to those I am closest with, including E. I've always been like this. I can sit here and lie to your face and tell you everything is fine when really I am torn to pieces on the inside and E has been the only person to ever see past that and into my soul so to speak. I for some reason, can put myself in someone else's shoes, I can feel their pain, their sorrow, and understand what they are going through. So when I watch such a deep meaningful movie such as this, I can put myself there in the moment. Then of course, E had to make this stupid comment which made it even worse.... he said "I love you that much." It felt as though someone was cutting me, deep in the stomach. I immediately started crying even more. I told him in response "If you did something like that I would hate you I would be so angry you did something like that!".... I did however say more but for those of you who have not seen the movie I digress as to not ruin it for you.

I was telling E, as he was comforting my tears, that I can't believe I didn't hear anything about this movie. I was kind of upset about not hearing anything about it to tell you the truth. It makes me kind of sick to my stomach that we live in the type of world that would rather watch avatar and talk about it then a meaningful movie like this. At the same time I can also see why someone didn't talk about it... its too close to life. Its hard to handle when there's so much sadness, anger, and hate around us in every day life. People watch movies to really "get away from it all." But if you ask me, we could learn a lot from this movie, me included.

Karie

No comments:

Post a Comment